Samsung Galaxy S8+ 64GB Factory Unlocked Smartphone - 6.2" Screen - US Version (Midnight Black) - US Warranty [SM-G955UZKAXAA]

  • Infinity Display: a bezel-less, full-frontal, edge-to-edge screen. Default resolution is Full HD and can be changed to Quad HD plus (WQHD plus) in Settings
  • Camera resolution - Front: 8 MP AF, Rear: 12 MP OIS AF. Main Camera - Auto Focus. Focus on an object in your viewfinder and tap the Bixby eye icon to get a deeper understanding of what you’re looking at
  • Memory: Internal Memory 64 GB, RAM 4GB
  • Works on all GSM and CDMA carriers. Note : Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual

After my phone started to show it's age (about 5 years old and the battery needed to be constantly charged up during the day). The hunt for a new phone began. After reading a bunch of reviews and going on the various phone forums, I decided to go with the Samsung S8+. I had an iPhone before and hated it, so, that was not an option. I've had the S8+ for a year now and I couldn't be any happier. The unlocked version was a better buy than getting it from my carrier because Samsung sends out updates immediately, while your carrier is a lot slower in rolling out the latest updates. One of the reasons for not getting it from my carrier is the lack of "Bloatware" that carriers like to add to their phones. My unlocked phone still has a very good battery life (I can go three days without charging my phone). Under heavy usage, I can go two days between charges.

Ordered this as a used item. Everything about it was New. Packaging, condition, etc. Even though the phone was not designated with any carrier, it worked with Straight Talk and their AT and T Sims card. Impressed with features, speed and screen

Update... 6 months later and I'm still loving this phone, no problems at all!! Arrived quickly, great price, and very easy to set up. Wow what a camera, the pictures are amazing! I am in the southeast US and have Cricket wireless, no problems at all. I've only had it for a day but I've always had Galaxy's and never ever had any trouble with them. I hope I'm as happy with it in 6 months as I am right now. Update.... I was hesitant but couldn't pass up the price, it doesn't come with a warranty but I've never had any trouble with my past galaxy's so I went for it. I absolutely love this phone, I've had it for a couple of months now and zero problems. I was a little worried because I couldn't find a case and screen protector that worked well together and also looked good, the curved screen is very tricky. I decided to get a case but not use a screen protector, I haven't had to drop test it yet bet the screen is gorilla glass and resists scratches very well, I dont have a single one yet. Love this phone so much that my husband bought the S8 as well.

This is a beast of a phone. Its design and screen are just fantastic.Easy to handle and very sleek. Awesome camera. Nice UI. Fully featured. It is slightly slippery though. Make sure to put a cover on it. As mentioned, it is an international model from UAE. Genuine product. I bought from Wireless Place seller and using it in India. Would not go more into pros and cons as you can find them online. Just look at them pics and decide for yourself. Please rate this review as helpful if you find it to be. Thanks, Jatin

If you bought a Samsung S8+, you now have Bixby, a piece of bloatware written by a group of teenagers tasked by Samsung with imitating Google Now, Alexa, Cortana, and Siri. The result is absolutely catastrophic and reminds of Word 1.0 (if you are old enough). The software still does not recognize voice – no, it’s not just because of my accent – making it perfectly useless. The catch is that this “assistant” – which would be called Jar Jar Binks if it was from a galaxy far far away – is tied to a side button. As soon as the S8 was released, people came up with Google Play applications to remap this button or to disable the software altogether. Samsung retaliated by releasing an update to prevent the hack from working. It lasted for a week until a clever developer found a countermeasure. One million people have downloaded one of the anti-Bixby programs on Google Play. The other Samsung S8 users are probably trying to figure how to do it, I guess. Well done, Samsung! You have released another Galaxy Note 7... So, I will now give you a way to BOTH disable the pathetic Bixby AND remap the button. 1. Download “Package Disabler Pro” 2. Search for the Bixby software in "Package Disabler Pro" and disable all EXCEPT Bixby Home and Bixby Voice. They will be rendered harmless without the services except that they detect the button press and raise an event. You can disable the rest of the Samsung bloatware while you’re at it. 3. Install the BxAction software from Google Play 4. The BxAction software detects the raised event from step 2 and it will be able to start another app. 5. Map the button to something useful like Google Now (which is a piece of software that actually does what Samsung advertises Bixby for...)

Received on time in excellent packing conditions. FINALLY, I purchased a phone from Amazon that said it was "new" and it is! This is the 3rd one that I had to buy to have that happen. The other 2 sellers listed their phones as new and when they arrived the seal was broken or totally taken off all together. The first guy actually put a new sticker that said "do not accept if seal is broken" over top of the original "broken" sticker. The second guy just removed the sticker altogether so there wasn't a sticker at all. I've bought a slew of Samsung phones over the years and I knew what to expect, but if you didn't know, you would probably wouldn't realize the difference. BUT, having said that, this phone came brand new with the unbroken sticker. It is working perfectly (albeit is only 1 day old now). The color is quite pretty and I think both men & women will like it.

For those of you that are consider buying this phone, let me mention some common variation of this phone: SM-G955F: International version, Samsung Exynos Processor (supposedly use less battery, last longer) , for GSM carriers SM-G955FD: International version, Duel Sim Card, Samsung Exynos Processor (supposedly use less battery, last longer) , for GSM carriers SM-G955U: US version, Snap Dragon Processor (supposedly better graphic support for gaming), I see people said the unlocked version support both GSM and CDMA carriers, but I do not have this version and have not verify this myself. Above are for S8+, S* is similar, part number replaced 955 with 950, with smaller screen and battery power. I used SM-G955FD:for about a month now, this is the most expensive phone I purchased. Below is my list of pro and con. Pro: Decent Camera, good with low light environment. Great Battery life, 3500 amh, last longer then any other phone I had in the past. Support wireless charging, water-proof. Less overheating. It gets warm when playing games while charging but never gets to point where it is too hot to hold. Con: Unusual Screen ratio. Most game app do 16:9 screen ratio, this phone is thinner so when playing games, there are black boarder on both side and make it look smaller compare to other phone with same screen size in the market. This also make it more difficult to type, I often press wrong key by accident due to spacing. Overall, I think this is a good phone. Best Buy is offering a lot of promotion on this phone right now so you might wish to shop around before choosing where to buy it.

Ordered this device while Harvey was ongoing. There was a slight delay, but that was inevitable due to the inclement weather. Arrived within the time frame and Amazon notified me, as and when there were delays. The device was grouped with the Case and Screen Protector that I had ordered, which was very convenient. Packaging was secure which is expected for this device at such a price range. Overall, the phone is brilliant. Sharp display, clear camera images with AF. It runs all apps like a breeze and is well suited for heavy multitasking. The bezel-less display is a joy to look at and reading on it is very comfortable. It also ships with USB (B to C) and (A to C) adapters, which helps during our transition to USB C type plugs. The battery life is amazing, for a phone with such a sharp and bright display, and also considering the hardware. The 3500mAh battery offers enough juice for an entire day of light usage. Heavy use - like watching movies or playing games like Real Racing, etc. drains it faster, but that is expected from demanding apps. The issue of the fingerprint sensor being too close to the camera is real for the first few days; but after using it as your daily driver, you tend to figure out where it is and it doesn't pose much of a bother, unless you deliberately want to smudge your camera lens. I would highly recommend this device to anyone with a moderately high budget. It looks amazing and performs much better than it looks. I would also recommend to get a protector case (the rear side is a fingerprint magnet and you wouldn't want to crack this amazing display) and a screen protector. To all those having second thoughts, I would say: Go for it!

This Samsung device receives 9.5 from me. I have had an issue with almost every apple iPhone, mostly because of their weak cell receptions. I was always frustrated with call quality and apps crashing. Also with the last IPhone 6S I had owned the battery would always drain once down to around 25%. This S8+ does not have any of those problems and is phenomenal in performance. There is no slowdown switching from apps, video and call quality are top notch. Color calibration to app resolution, video games to Microsoft apps, whatever you throw at it, it does without difficulty. Call quality, audio and cell reception quite excellent. I have T Mobile service and was worrying that the speed would drop from LTE down to 4G or 3. Not once does it drop from LTE speeds. I know many people complain about the 16:9 ratio. This doesn't bother me. If you want to use pictures for desktop, just adjust the ratio in Camera app. Almost every app is now fitted for the screen ratio and when streaming videos, you can double tap the screen to zoom to fit. This feature makes the video streaming very very enjoyable. The only complain I have is with the AKG ear phones the phone comes with. Ear buds do not have a good bass. I ended up using the Samsung ear buds instead. Factory Unlocked version is definitely worth the price because there are no Carrier bloatware on it. Yes! No more Bloatware.

Wifey's an Apple-Head ... I'm Team Samsung ... the debate continues. She recently upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus (Red Special Edition) ... & it's 'nice' ... but when I received my new Galaxy S8+, I was instantaneously reminded of the style, quality & excellence that only Samsung can deliver. It's not even close. * FYI ... I purchased a Verizon Prepaid SIM Card, as a suggested add-on through Amazon after adding the phone to my Cart. The Verizon SIM Card is a 'Verizon Wireless SIM Kit Prepaid Sim Card - (Moto G & Any Verizon Branded Phone)'. When I attempted to activate the phone w/ SIM Card through the Verizon Wireless website, the activation would not complete & Verizon claimed I needed a 'Samsung' SIM Car Kit. However, my wife completed the activation steps that accompanied the SIM Card Kit (the instructions on the packaging), & the activation completed flawlessly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog